Sulfates are valuable and efficient part on an industry. Therefore, they are being used in a variety of applications. Nader Shimi Company has taken a positive step in meeting domestic needs by producing four types of sulfates widely used in industry, including copper sulfate, aluminum sulfate, zinc sulfate and magnesium sulfate.
Types of sulfates and their usage
1. Zinc sulfate
Zinc is an element that is necessary for plants in small and vital amounts. Zinc sulfate has allowed the plant to have physiological activities. These activities play an important role in the processes of photosynthesis and sugar formation, protein synthesis, fertility, growth and disease resistance. When zinc deficiency occurs, these physiological activities are impaired. When the health and fertility of the plant is affected, it causes the crop quality to decline.
Zinc sulfate usage :
- Releasing and lubricating agent in the plastics industry
- As a waterproof in construction
- As an anticoagulant additive in medicines and cosmetics
2. Magnesium sulfate
The beneficial effects of magnesium sulfate on pain relief have been investigated in various clinical studies. In addition to antiarrhythmic and anticonvulsant effects, this drug has beneficial analgesic effects. The mechanism of magnesium is not fully understood, but it does affect the sodium, potassium, and calcium channels. It also reduces the release of acetylcholine at the nerve-muscle junction.
Magnesium sulfate usage
- It is used as a chemical fertilizer in soils that are deficient in magnesium.
- Injectable magnesium sulfate is used to prevent seizures in preeclampsia, preterm labor, and is rarely used to treat cardiac arrhythmias.
- It is used by injection and orally in the treatment of hypomagnesemia.
3. Aluminum sulfate
Aluminum sulfate is a chemical compound called coagulant, completely soluble in water. It is slightly soluble in alcohols which can be ignored. It is also volatile, non-flammable and toxic. It is used for the treatment of drinking water, industrial water and effluents and also paper
aluminum sulfate usage
- To tighten dough
- Clarify light drinks
- Textile industry for fabric dyeing as a stabilizer
4. Copper sulfate
Copper sulfate is a mineral salt. It is used in various industries such as agriculture, chemical production, pharmacy and research laboratories. This mineral salt contains divalent copper, also known as copper vitriol. It usually has dark blue color.
Copper Sulfate usage
- Used to prepare antifungal solutions
- Production of insecticides
- Copper sulfate is involved in chlorophyll formation and photosynthesis
In the following, you can get acquainted with these chemicals in a more complete and comprehensive way.